Every time I am at church, I hear the same message. You folks at church are always asking members to give. I thought I would give you a list of what we already give up for God and the Church.
- I give up four hours a week for Bible classes and worship when I come both Sunday and Wednesday.
- I give up staying up late on Saturdays so I am not tired on Sundays.
- Speaking of Sundays, A lot of my friends and co-workers go fishing or to the races on Sundays – I don’t.
- There are certain movies that people talk about that I won’t see (not to mention all the TV shows, concerts, etc.).
- I don’t drink alcoholic beverages.
- I do not use recreational drugs.
- I give almost 10% of my take-home pay every week.
- Which means, I have a smaller house than I want, an older car than I want, and I am still saving for that boat.
There is so much more to list, but I think, preacher, that you see my point. Quit asking me to give and give and give. Don’t you think it is time that God gave up something for me?
Oh, wait . . . He did!