“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it? Otherwise, when he has laid a foundation and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish.’ Or what king, going out to encounter another king in war, will not sit down first and deliberate whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? And if not, while the other is yet a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks for terms of peace. So therefore, any one of you who does not renounce all that he has cannot be my disciple. (Luk 14:26-33)
If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. (Col 3:1-5)
Jesus talks about the importance of it.
Paul repeats the same thing.
Abraham had to learn to do it.
Have you fully surrendered your life to God?
- “I go to church.” – That’s not what I asked. Have you FULLY surrendered YOUR life to God?
- “I pray.” - That’s not what I asked. Have you FULLY surrendered YOUR life to God?
- “I am a member of _________ Church” - That’s not what I asked. Have you FULLY surrendered YOUR life to God?
- “I am a Christian.” - That’s not what I asked. Have you FULLY surrendered YOUR life to God?
- “I was baptized.” - That’s not what I asked. Have you FULLY surrendered YOUR life to God?
One more passage, “For they themselves report concerning us the kind of reception we had among you, and how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God,” (1Th 1:9).
So, have you FULLY SURRENDERED YOUR life to God?